Tapper Street Mews
Tapper Street Mews is an 11-unit retirement village located in White Gum Valley, which was constructed in 1982.
Co-operation Housing has been providing property management services to Tapper Street Mews since July 2015.
In October 2018, Co-operation Housing (as Trustee of the Co-op Maintenance Trust) purchased the village from the City of Fremantle.
Location: White Gum Valley, Western Australia
Date established: 1982
Number of dwellings: 11
Land area: 2,570m2
Number of residents: 11
Demographics: Over 55s
Shared facilities: Car Park & Gardens
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST
You are invited to register your interest in becoming a resident of Tapper Street Mews. When a vacancy arises, you will be contacted and invited to submit an application for residence.
To be eligible for consideration, you must:
- be 55 years of age or older; and
- be on a low to moderate total household income, and have total household assets of low to moderate value; and
- be able to live independently, in that you are presently capable of maintaining your own safety, health and hygiene; and
- not own a residential property; and
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
All tenants on fixed term leases are assessed in accordance with the Community Housing Income and Asset Limits (CHAIL) Policy - Band B. This policy is available online at the following location, or simply ask Co-operation Housing to provide you with a copy.
Under this policy, rent is calculated as 74.5% of market rent for a comparable dwelling. Tenant eligibility will be assessed against this policy upon application and thereafter upon renewal of a fixed term tenancy.