Date(s) - 16/05/2021
9:30 am - 4:00 pm
This course explores the characteristics of genuine empathy and explores ways we can develop it within ourselves to draw upon in our work and lives.
Developing empathy helps our own progress towards emotional maturity and wellbeing, but is also a profound skill for living well together within a community.
Empathy enriches communication, builds relationships, fosters connection and allows us to “tune in” to others needs to allow us to be more supportive, appropriate and nuanced in our professional practice.
The transformative power of deep understanding. Empathy is a key element of Emotional Intelligence and has been hailed as a twenty-first century “superpower” for anyone dealing with human beings. Going far beyond intellectual understanding or sympathy, which might be considered “feeling for” someone, empathy is all about “feeling with”.
- Understanding empathy
- Cognitive, emotional and compassionate empathy
- Emotional imagination for “feeling with”
- Empathetic communication
- Authentic compassion
- Deep, compassionate listening
- Empathetic relationships and therapeutic alliance
- Utilising empathy to motivate and develop others
- Bridges to healing, collaboration and awareness
- Real-world applications
This course includes
- Engaging, up-to-date materials.
- Take-home reference package and free online resources.
- All day catering and beverages – with dietary needs catered for.
- Post-course contacts for help and advice.
- Certificate of attendance.
This course is hosted by Co-operation Housing, and delivered by Evolve Events and Training.Register